The Wooden Transport Pipe is one of the many Pipes added by BuildCraft, and is used for extracting items from chests, furnaces and mod items. It is the most basic pipe, both in capabilities and rareness of items that are needed.
They require power directly from an Engine or Energy Link to work, and cannot be powered with Conductive Pipes. Wooden Transport Pipes cannot connect with each other, but can however connect to any other type of pipe available. Like non-wooden pipes, they can also be used to put items into containers they are connected to.
When a Wooden Transport Pipe is powered by an Energy Link, it can pull 20 items/s out of a chest, and it can pull 20 stacks/s out of the top of an Automatic Crafting Table MkII. As an example, you could abuse this to craft 180 Iron Ingots from 20 Iron Blocks per second, because each Iron Block can be crafted into 9 Iron Ingots, and 9 Iron Ingots * 20 stacks/s = 180 Iron Ingots/s. This speed of 20 stacks/s is 8 times faster than the Filter's/Transposer's maximum speed of 2.5 stacks/s, which is caused by their 0.4 second cooldown. An Item Loader on top of an Automatic Crafting Table MkII works in a similar fashion, but Item Loaders can only pull 20 items/s out of any inventory.
The pipe will attach to the nearest pipe, chest, or machine available when placed. The opaque side of the pipe marks the extraction point, which can be changed using a Buildcraft Wrench.
Its block ID is 430.
Wooden Transport Pipes can be crafted into Wooden Conductive Pipes with Redstone Dust or Wooden Waterproof Pipes using Pipe Waterproof. They are also a crafting ingredient for the Automatic Crafting Table Mk II.
Wooden Conductive Pipes
Wooden Waterproof Pipes
Automatic Crafting Table Mk II
- When powered by a Redstone Engine, the wooden pipe extracts one item at a time.
- When powered by a Steam Engine, the wooden pipe extracts up to 52 items at a time. (However the engine will start to overheat)
- When powered by a Combustion Engine, the wooden pipe extracts up to 1 stack at a time - faster than a steam engine.
- Wooden Pipes can be waterproofed or turned into Conductive Pipes.
- The Advanced Wooden Transport Pipe is a variant which acts as a similar but cheaper version of the Diamond Transport Pipe.