The Gem of Eternal Density consumes items with an EMC value, starting with the lowest EMC value, every second when active on your hotbar from your inventory, collecting EMC until it has enough to produce the next tier of Matter in this progression:
|Iron||Gold||Diamond||Dark Matter||Red Matter|
The Gem of Eternal Density will upgrade to the highest tier of matter it can from the items it collects. This is somewhat of a must-have if you also have the Destruction Catalyst, as they work very well together. It also works well on long mining trips, because it saves on inventory space.
The Gem of Eternal Density is 10x faster at transmuting than an Energy Condenser. When a Gem of Eternal Density is placed inside of an Energy Condenser set to a target item, the combo will be 11x faster at transmuting than an Energy Condenser with no Gem of Eternal Density in it. This can be very useful when you need to transmute a massive amount of Blaze Powder from Blaze Rod EMC Farms.
The Gem of Eternal Density's condensing effect does NOT stack. It's useless to put more than one of them in a single inventory.
The Gem of Eternal Density converts 20 items/s (1 item/game tick) when in a player's inventory. If the Gem of Eternal Density is placed in an Alchemical Chest / Alchemy Bag / Energy Condenser, it will convert 200 items/s (10 items/game tick). It's therefore adviced to put a Gem of Eternal Density in an Alchemy Bag when mining, as it will be much more effective at transmutating Cobblestone into Diamonds.
The Gem of Eternal Density will leave you with a stack of Materials to build with, also has a matrix which will leave certain "essentials" unharmed. If the Gem of Eternal Density does not produce Matter the eaten items are stored internally. You can retrieve them by toggling the Gem of Eternal Density off (by pressing "G").
- Can be utilized as a slow, but effective, condenser if hooked up to redpower Block Breakers. However, Condensers are better, less expensive, and more useful overall.
- If you mine netherrack in nether while the gem is on and return to overworld turning gem off you will get cobblestone.
- Sometimes the gem stops consuming cobblestone. This can be fixed by turning the gem off and back on.
- Pressing R with the gem anywhere in your inventory while it is closed, then re-opening your inventory causes your cursor to hold the gem.
- Some items that contain EMC but are not part of EE2 or vanilla will not be recognized by the item and might not work.
<a href="./File:How_to_Tekkit_-_Swiftwolf's_Rending_Gale,_Void_Ring_and_Destruction_Catalyst"> </a> <a href="./File:Teaching_Magic_Gem_of_Eternal_Density"> </a> <a href="./File:Minecraft_Technic_Part_29_The_Gem_of_Eternal_Density,_Blackhole_Ring_and_the_Alchemy_Bag!"> </a>