|This article is in need of a clean-up. You can help out The Tekkit Classic Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.|
To place a Crop, right click on the tilled dirt. A Seed Bag or plant can now be placed on the Crop by right-clicking on the newly placed Crop. For Cross Breeding, right-click to place another Crop on the first one. However, Cross Breeding only works if the Cross-Breeding crop is in-between two other mature plants growing on crops.
Once a plant is fully mature you can right-click to harvest it without destroying the plant. Left clicking the plant will break the plant, and has a chance to drop a Seed Bag. The drop chance for seeds and the items you get from the plant is based on its statistics.
Every plant has a growth, gain, and resist statistic. Each has its own pros and cons.
- Pro: The higher the Growth statistic of a plant, the faster it grows.
- Con: The higher the Growth statistic of a plant, the higher the chance of weeds spawning on nearby Crops.
Note: At Growth stat 24 and higher, the plant begins behaving like weeds, destroying nearby crops. Therefore, a recommended ideal Growth stat would be 20-21, to give a reasonable comfort zone for cross-breeding.
- Pro: The higher the Gain statistic of a plant, the better the drop chance of harvests becomes.
- Con: The higher the Gain statistic of a plant, the lower the chances of dropping Seed Bags.
- Pro: The higher the Resist statistic of a plant, the more resistant it is to weeds and being trampled, as well as greatly increasing the chance of the plant dropping at least one Seed Bag.
- Con: The higher the Resist statistic of a plant, the slower it will cross-breed with other plants.
Note: Crops can still be trampled while sneaking. (Bug/Fixed in 3.1.3)
If an immature crop is trampled, the crop will disappear without dropping any seeds.
You can find out the statistics of your seed bags by using a Cropnalyser